ERES Industry Seminar
23 októbra,9:30 - 12:50
The European Real Estate Society, together with and the Institute of Management of the Slovak University of Technology, Colliers International and Slovak Green Building Council are proud to invite you to attend our ERES Industry seminar October 23rd, 2020.
ERES Industry Seminar
Our 3-hour Live Online Event will be held on Friday of 23rd October 2020 at 08:30 (London), 09:30 (Bratislava/Frankfurt) or 10:30 (Moscow).
The European Real Estate Society (ERES), Institute of management of the Slovak University of Technology, Colliers International, and Slovak Green Building Council propose the organization of an ERES industry seminar on “A macroeconomic and real estate overview of the CEE region“ and „Sustainable development factors and barriers in property market“ topics on 23rd October, 2020. The morning session of the seminar will examine the overview of the global and local risks that might impact the real estate business in corona times (focus on Industrial & Logistics sector).
The afternoon session will regard the sustainable development factors and barriers in the property market. In terms of the topic of session 2, we would like to create a discussion among a developer, a technology supplier, a researcher, and a certifier. Presenters should also have an overview of the CEE markets in terms of the objectives of the event and the expected audience.
09:30 – 09:50
Institute of Management of Slovak University of Technology
- Associate Professor Daniela Špirková, MSc., PhD., Deputy Director for Education and Head of Real Estate Engineering
European Real Estate Society (ERES)
- Professor Ingrid Nappi, FRICS, President of European Real Estate Society (ERES)
Topic: A macroeconomic and real estate overview of the CEE region (incl. Slovakia)
09:50 – 11:20
Keynote Speaker: Kevin Turpin, Colliers International, Regional Director of Research | CEE (Presentation, 20-25 min.)
The outlook will present an overview of the global and local risks that are or might impact the real estate business in corona times. The session will focus on the Industrial & Logistics sector but will in part be applicable to other property sectors.
- Current real estate market trends and outlook
- CEE Investment market trends and outlook
Moderator: Kevin Turpin, Colliers International, Regional Director of Research | CEE
- Martin Balaz, Prologis, Vice President, Country Manager, Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Paul Deverell, Future 2, Business Director
- Michal Bodocky, DSV Solutions Slovakia, s.r.o., Business Development Manager
- Richard Urvay, Colliers International, Managing Director, Slovakia
Time: Oct 23, 2020; 09:30 (CEST)
11:30 – 12:50
Sustainable investment is about the responsibility and potential the real estate industry holds to reach climate and environmental sustainability targets. In a rapidly urbanizing world, the real estate industry lies at the centre of an unprecedented level of growth and activity. Sustainable property investments have developed from a niche concern to a mainstream product for new real estate developments and investment products over the past decade. Green buildings represent a significant share of Visegrad countries‘ development projects, which is expected to further grow. What are the challenges of investing in more sustainable buildings? Why we should consider sustainability when making investment decisions? Is it possible to quantify the effect of sustainable building practices? What are the consequences of the corona crisis?
In terms of the topic of session 2, we would like to create a discussion among a developer, a technology supplier, a researcher, and a certifier. Presenters should also have an overview of the CEE markets in terms of the objectives of the event and the expected audience.
Moderator: Hana Ovesna, Executive Director at Slovak Green Building Council (SKGBC)
· Marek Kremeň, Exergy studio (Certification Building System), Partner
· Vladimir Orovnicky, President at Slovak association for cooling, air-conditioning technology and heat pump, Managing Director at Daikin Slovakia
· Martin Stohl, Architect, Sustainability & Wellbeing Specialist at HB Reavis
· Peter Robl, Chairman of the board, Buildings for the Future
Time: Oct 23, 2020; 11:30 (CEST)